15/10/12

Música Pop/Rock - Grande Banda Norte Americana, do Indie Pop da atualidade!




«Cults (band)


Madeline Follin(left) and Brian Oblivion(right) of Cults
Background information
Origin Manhattan, New York, United States
Genres Indie pop
Years active 2010–present
Labels In the Name Of, Columbia
Website cultscultscults.com
Members
Brian Oblivion
Madeline Follin
Cults is an indie pop band based in New York City. The band first came to prominence when they posted a three song EP, Cults 7", on their Bandcamp page.[1]

Contents  [hide] 

1 History
2 Band members
3 Live members
4 Discography
5 Related acts
6 References
7 External links

[edit]History

Cults formed in 2010 while guitarist Brian Oblivion, real name Ryan Mattos (formerly of Pascalle with Gabriel Rodriguez), and singer Madeline Follin were students at The New School.[1] They began making music in their spare time to share with their friends, including fellow band Bedhead.[citation needed] Madeline had previously recorded with punk band Youth Gone Mad on the album Touching Cloth. Cults released an EP on Forrest Family Records, Cults 7", with the track "Go Outside" recorded by Paul Kostabi at Thunderdome Studios named "Best New Music" by Pitchfork Media.[2] They toured supporting the Willowz(Richie Follin's Band) with overlapping members for six months before signing to ITNO/SONY. Their song "Go Outside" had a video made for it which starred Emma Roberts and Dave Franco.
Their self-titled debut album, Cults, was released on June 7, 2011, by Columbia Records imprint In the Name Of run by Lily Allen.[3] The album received generally positive reviews,[4][5] and a second "Best New Music" from Pitchfork was earned for the track "Abducted".[6]
In 2011 Cults collaborated with the group Superhuman Happiness on a version of the track "Um Canto De Afoxé para o Bloco Do Ilê" for the Red Hot Organisation's most recent charity album Red Hot+Rio 2. The album is a follow-up to the 1996 Red Hot + Rio. Proceeds from sales will be donated to raise awareness and money to fight AIDS/HIV and related health and social issues. The band was chosen to perform at the ATP I'll Be Your Mirror festival curated by ATP & Portishead in September 2011 in Asbury Park, New Jersey,[7] and also by Battles to perform at the ATP Nightmare Before Christmas festival that they co-curate in December 2011 in Minehead, England.[8]
In early 2012 Cults are due to perform at the Australasian music festival Laneways. In an interview with 3news.co.nz[9] they said people could expect a more "aggressive sound" with a lot of changes being made to songs as a five-piece band. In an interview with magazine Coup De Main, Madeline Follin was quoted saying that "You Know What I Mean" is her favorite song on their self titled debut album.
[edit]Band members

Madeline Follin – vocals
Brian Oblivion – vocals, guitar, percussion.

[edit]Live members

Gabriel Rodriguez (Pascalle, Boomsnake) – aux, guitar
Cory Stier (Boomsnake) - drums
Nathan Aguilar (Boomsnake) – bass guitar
Marc Deriso (Japandi) (past) – drums
Richie Follin (past) – guitar
Loren Humphrey (past) - drums

[edit]Discography

Cults EP Forrest Family Records
Cults (2011) UK: No. 133,[10] CAN: No. 89[11]
[edit]Related acts

Boomsnake
Japandi» in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cults_(band)






Cults - "You Know What I Mean"


Cults - "Abducted"


Cults - "Go Outside"


Cults - "Oh My God"


"Cults - You Know What I Mean


I, I can’t take things slowly 
Come let away that’s what they all do
Help me ‘cause I’m feeling shaky 
Tell me what’s wrong with my brain
'Cause I seem to have lost it

Chorus:
'Cause I am afraid of the light 
Yeah you know what I mean
And I can't sleep alone at night
yeah you know what I mean

Lonely, that’s not quite my problem
I have all that I need, haven't quite lost it
I try so hard to be happy
'Cause something goes wrong once again

Please, please come and save me
Tell me what’s wrong with my brain
'Cause I seem to have lost it

Chorus:
'Cause I am afraid of the light 
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
yeah you know what I mean
And I can't sleep alone at night
yeah you know what I mean.

'Cause I am afraid of the light 
yeah you know what I mean
'Cause I can't sleep alone at night
yeah you know what I mean."


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Pin It button on image hover