09/11/07

Música Pop/Rock - "The House of the Rising Sun" - Música Fabulosa!



Bob Dylan - "House Of The Rising Sun"

The Animals - "The House Of The Rising Sun"

Pink Floyd - "House of the Rising Sun"

Chiaki Naomi - "The House of The Rising Sun"

Duran Duran - "House of the Rising Sun"

Friid Pink - "House of the Rising Sun"

Joan Baez - "House of the Rising Sun"

Nina Simone - "The Bitter End Cafe" - (1968)

Muse - "House Of The Rising Sun" - cover


"House of the Rising Sun" / Devil went down to GA



«"The House of the Rising Sun" is a folk song from the United States. Also called "House of the Rising Sun" or occasionally "Rising Sun Blues", it tells of a life gone wrong in New Orleans. Depending on the version, the song may be sung from the perspective of a woman or a man. The best-known rendition of the song is by the English group The Animals in 1964, which was a number one hit in both the United States and United Kingdom.» in Wikipédia.




"House of the Rising Sun


There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
It's been the ruin of many a poor girl
And me, Oh Lord! was one
My mother was a tailor,
She sewed them new blue jeans.
My lover he was a gambler, Oh Lord,
Gambled down in New Orleans.


My lover, he was a gambling man
He went from town to town;
And the only time he was satisfied
Was when he drank his liquor down.
Now the only thing a gambling man needs
Is a suitcase and a trunk;
And the only time he's ever satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk.


If I only list'nd when my dear mother said:
Beware, my child, when you roam,
Keep away from drunkards and all those gambling men,
It's best by far to come home.
Go and tell my baby sister
Never do like I have done,
But to shun that house in New Orleans
That they call the Rising Sun.


With one foot on the platform,
And one foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear the ball and chain.
I'm going back to New Orleans
My race is almost run;
I'm going back to spend the rest of my life
Beneath that Rising Sun."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Esta música que Bob Dylan foi o primeiro a tocar e a cantar, viria a tornar-se um êxito retumbante, pela interpretação dos The Animals, sendo uma das músicas mais tocadas de sempre e o seu êxito, em muito se deve, à excelente conjugação instrumentos, letra e voz que a composição encerra! É das tais músicas que, parece que existiram desde sempre, pelo menos para os amantes de música, como eu! Fico sempre extasiado, quando a ouço! Grande Música!


2 comentários:

Pin It button on image hover